Recent Water Damage Posts
Niagara Falls Residents Deserve Efficient Water Damage Assistance
Our technicians are ready at a moment's notice to help your property in Niagara Falls with water damage restoration.
SERVPRO is Available for 24/7 Water Damage Calls in Niagara Falls
It is natural to reach for a mop and bucket or your shop vac whenever you have a water spill or appliance failure inside your home. However, having any standing water means that moisture often lurks in areas where the naked eye cannot see. This means that DIY is never the best course of action if you want your Niagara Falls property back to pre-water loss condition. SERVPRO is ready and able to make it “Like it never even happened” with our extensive skills and access to professional-grade restoration equipment.
Give Yourself Added Peace of Mind by Hiring Professional Water Removal Services
SERVPRO takes pride in being there for our residential and commercial customers. We strive to ensure the process is easy for you whenever you must deal with water damage in Niagara Falls. Our proven restoration methods and IICRC training help you to get back on track fast, whether you had burst pipes in the basement or a leaking roof from storms.
If you require help, our water restoration process follows a general timeline of events:
- You can make initial contact with our customer care team 24-hours a day, including nights and weekends.
- We ask for details about the water event, where you are located, and other information that helps us determine the right equipment to load onto our Green Fleet of vehicles.
- Our water restoration technicians (WRT) show up at your door where the crew chief does the initial assessment before planning how to proceed.
- The team mobilizes, working with industrial-grade tools to extract water, execute drying, and eliminate the possibility of mold and mildew growth.
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster – Providing Safe, Efficient Water Damage Help
Standing water brings a host of potential hidden moisture issues, including everything from mildew and black mold development to costly secondary damage. We provide a prompt response so that water mitigation can begin as soon as the assessment and inspection are complete. Our crew chief devises a plan for the team to put the appropriate equipment in place to start drying as water removal services are underway. This plan also includes detailed calculations for the number of fans and dehumidifiers we need to achieve our drying goals.
Moisture Detection Tools At-The-Ready
Our technicians must work to restore relative humidity (RH) to normal levels with any water-related incident. RH is the measurement of water vapor in the air, which is imperative for monitoring to keep moisture from becoming a hindrance. Some of the tools we have in our arsenal to help us locate hidden moisture include:
- Thermal imaging
What About the Contents Throughout My Property?
There are many situations where our crew packs up and moves out items during the restoration so that water removal and drying can take place without anything in the way. We also use pack-out/move-out to relocate items to staging areas or our facility, where everything gets cleaned or safely stored until the project wraps up. Our team keeps meticulous records, so everything is inventoried and tagged, then moved back to your home into their rightful places.
Controlled Demolition to Address Unsalvageable Materials
Our controlled demolition techniques are an excellent option for reconstruction whenever you have damaged flooring, subfloor, drywall, and other materials that cannot get salvaged. Damaged materials get removed and disposed of according to local guidelines. Then, trusted area contractors handle installing new materials, and everything gets finished to restore your property to pre-water loss condition, “Like it never even happened.”
You can count on our highly-skilled crew at SERVPRO of North Niagara County when you have water damage. You can request help at your convenience online or give our customer care team a call at (716) 299-0330. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster.
SERVPRO Gives Tips for Drying Water Damaged Walls in Niagara Falls
Water damage is a common occurrence in homes. Just a little water can ruin walls. SERVPRO has the know how to fix the damage.
Effective Wall Drying Techniques for Niagara Falls Homes
Because of our growing knowledge of rapidly changing industry standards, equipment, and practices, we are well prepared for the needs of your Niagara Falls home after a water loss. We can work to slow or entirely stop the water migration throughout the property with our initial arrival, establishing clear drying zones for moisture removal over the days following our first visit.
Structural cavities and wallboard are among the most challenging materials and elements to dry and restore, leading to many critical decisions during water damage restoration in Niagara Falls homes. Although the project manager and estimator determine many initial choices during the scoping phase, we must also continually monitor changes in water migration and newly saturated materials to determine the best course of action when recovering a water-damaged residence.
Drying walls and similar materials typically come down to three potential practices that might need to get implemented to protect either the sheetrock or structural cavities and framework beyond this wall layer. For example, additional demolition beyond what occurred in the pre-mitigation phase might be necessary. It is also possible that cavity injections with positive or negative pressure systems can now benefit the drying process. Lastly, addressing vapor barriers can be another challenge that changes regularly, and our technicians must vigilantly monitor when these barriers exist and should be perforated.
While balancing the presence of air movers and dehumidifiers is also an essential restoration practice, there are numerous points throughout the drying process when these machines must move to new locations. This practice continues to provide constant moisture removal from affected surfaces and prevents water damage to materials and contents from over-drying.
There are many ways that we can maximize the drying of wall materials in your home. We can reduce the need for tear-out and reconstruction through the appropriate placement of drying tools to more intricate practices like injecting structural cavities and perforating vapor barriers. Give our SERVPRO of North Niagara County team a call today at (716) 299-0330.
Water Damage Mitigation Services In Niagara Falls?
Whether the water damage is extensive or not, our technicians are ready to help dry out your property and help any secondary issues from forming.
SERVPRO Can Help You Remediate the Water Damage in Your Niagara Falls Home!
Visualize a scenario where your Niagara Falls home suffers water damage. You might picture a burst pipe or a leaking appliance causing water to spread throughout your home. Unfortunately, these situations do happen, and many homes face accidents, both catastrophic and diminutive.
A calm reaction is genuinely the best defense you can have when dealing with water damage in your Niagara Falls home. Immediately reaching out for help can reduce wait times and help reduce the chances of the damage inside your home becoming permanent. Here at SERVPRO, we vow to "respond quickly when you have a water emergency."
Recently, SERVPRO helped a local home that ended up "flooded due to a toilet tank overflow while the owner was away." Unfortunately, something as small as a water supply line can be the culprit of significant damages. As soon as we arrived, our SERVPRO techs "extracted the standing water and [then] set up drying equipment."
When so much water spreads throughout the entire home, the job becomes more complicated. We have to do a lot more than merely removing the water, setting up drying equipment, and then checking for appropriate moisture levels. Whenever water sits for a significant period, flood cuts and floor-removal usually become a factor.
In the local home, the busted water supply line put "half of an inch of water throughout the whole home." Once we removed the standing water with advanced technological devices such as wet/dry vacuums and extractors, we packed up the entire home. We relocated their belongings to one of our facilities, where they could be treated.
Flood cuts are done to ensure that mold growth does not occur and save as much material as possible. For as little as half an inch, our flood cuts can be "two-foot" in height. Throughout the home, our technicians can remove carpeting, flooring, and toe-kicks. We can detach cabinetry from the walls and check the framing for damages. Here at SERVPRO, it is our job to inspect every inch of your home to ensure that you can go back to living your life, “Like it never even happened.” No matter the damages, we can help you, like we helped this local home.
If you require water damage mitigation services, call for help today! Speak with SERVPRO of North Niagara County by dialing (716) 299-0330. We're always available to help you.
How Water Damage Repair Benefits Niagara Falls Homes
Call SERVPRO of North Niagara County at (000) 000-0000 for fast and efficient service.
SERVPRO Water Restoration Safeguards Niagara Falls Homes
A leaking roof should not be taken lightly, and quick mitigation should be taken immediately before your Niagara Falls property gets further damaged. Do not panic, though. With SERVPRO professionals, you can have the damage repaired rapidly. Our technicians have the experience and proper tools to get the situation under control.
SERVPRO helps prevent water damage at a Niagara Falls property from worsening by establishing where the water is coming from. A damaged roof or plumbing issues are a possible cause of water damage on your ceiling. For example, if the plumbing system is old, a corroded pipe could leak and lead to water damage.
Signs of water damage on the ceiling:
- Discoloration or water spots
- Sagging ceiling
- Musty odor
- Cracked or bubbling paint
An obvious sign of water damage is discoloration around the affected area. These yellow or brown stains often indicate a leak. Also, a damaged ceiling affects the paint as it might start to peel or crack. A lack of physical signs does not mean there is no water damage. If you notice a musty odor on your property, it may be a sign of water damage, and it might be from your ceiling.
How to Repair
The plasterboard is very porous and hence quickly absorbs water. Even though a general contractor can fix the minor damages in the form of cracks, severe ones like crumbling the material and sagging the ceiling require cutting and installing new drywall sheets. There is also the need for drying to ensure total moisture removal.
SERVPRO crews drill weep holes to free trapped water, then set air movers. Air movers help sweep moisture away from the surface, evaporating it into the air. Once the moisture is in the air, we set up dehumidifiers to dry it.
Other essential actions:
- Fixing leaking pipes
- Replacing damaged shingles
- Priming and painting the ceiling
SERVPRO of North Niagara County helps restore home sections that have sustained water damage, including ceilings, "Like it never even happened." Call us at (716) 299-0330.
For Niagara Falls Homeowners, SERVPRO Provides Expertise and Advanced Equipment to Mitigate Water Damage
SERVPRO Technicians Mitigate Water Damage in Niagara Falls with Advanced Equipment.
How Air Movers Help to Dry Niagara Falls Homes after a Water Damage
While there are dozens of valuable pieces of equipment commonly used in the restoration of Niagara Falls homes after a water damage incident, few have the value of air movers. In both the design and the function of these tools, damaged areas of your home can effectively benefit from the evaporation collection by dehumidification equipment. Understanding how air movers can help your house can assist customers to appreciate their role in returning a property to a preloss condition.
No matter the severity or spread of water damage in Niagara Falls residences, the use of air movers are a common staple to the restoration and drying of these damaged areas. Air movers provide a focused blast of air directed at a specific damaged area. Their design and shape play a part in their overall effectiveness for removing moisture from carpeting, drywall, furniture, and other water-damaged materials in the household.
What Is an Air Mover?
This equipment gets explicitly designed to increase the speed evaporation takes place at the surface level. When combined with direct heat, the evaporation and removal of moisture can happen at a faster rate. The high-velocity air produced by an air mover can remove moisture from the surface of affected materials in a sweeping action for collection by running dehumidification equipment.
Fan Vs. Air Movers
In a rudimentary sense, both of these machines work similarly, though air movers can offer a faster velocity and output. We do not use house fans. The positioning of centrifugal air movers low to the ground, with their snouts strategically placed, increases their productivity in areas most commonly experiencing excess water and moisture concerns. Our SERVPRO team monitors the progress by taking moistures readings during the service and adjusts the flow to optimize the evaporation rate.
Mechanical Types of Air Movers
While there are several types of air movers available, our SERVPRO team typically utilizes the following ones. Centrifugal air movers are ideal for directing a powerful air blast at a targeted wet area of the house. Axial air movers can help to dry up broader surface areas without focusing too much on one specific area or surface.
These tools are a standard part of the water restoration arsenal arriving with our SERVPRO of North Niagara County team. We can utilize several of these high-velocity units simultaneously to make drying and restoration as efficient as possible. No matter how we can help, give our team a call at (716) 299-0330.
Water Damage Assistance When You Need It in Niagara Falls
Flooding can quickly cause water damage. Contact SERVPRO for water removal and remediation services.
Niagara Falls Residents Look to SERVPRO for Water Damage Assistance
Frozen pipes that burst, an overflowing tub, storm damage, or toilet backups – while all these are different water emergencies, you still need the same result from any cleanup efforts. Not only is DIY a path that could cause you added stress, but you also run the risk of extensive costs from something getting handled the wrong way. SERVPRO is the one-stop answer you need in Niagara Falls not only for water removal services but also to address any required water damage repairs. We make it “Like it never even happened.”
For all your water damage needs in Niagara Falls, we have an extensive network of local contractors and builders to handle your project in a fraction of the time of any DIY. Because of this, we move seamlessly from extractions into water damage repair throughout all impacted zones of your property. Some of the actions you may see performed during your project include:
- Disposal of all unsalvageable contents
- Removal of saturated, ruined ceilings and walls
- Taking out any glue-down carpet or loosened tiles
- Extrication of deteriorated carpet and padding
After water cleanup efforts wrap up, our IICRC-certified technicians ensure all surfaces get thoroughly cleaned and sanitized. This readies your property for water damage repairs. New flooring or carpet gets installed, cabinets repaired, drywall replaced, and anything else that helps bring your property back to pre-water event condition.
Moisture detection measures begin so that we ensure all hidden pockets are dried. We use moisture sensors and meters while our dehumidifiers and fans restore relative humidity (RH). Our odor control technicians (OCT) also tackle the job of proactively deodorizing to ensure no foul, musty odors linger.
There is no water damage incident too big or small for our crew at SERVPRO of North Niagara County. You can reach us online to request help or dial (716) 299-0330.
Condo Dwellers in Lewiston May Need Water Removal Services After a Leak in a Neighboring Unit
Regardless of the way your property was impacted by water, call our experts for assistance with water cleanup.
Water Damage Can Happen in a Lewiston Condo Unit Without its Owner Realizing It
A water leak in a Lewiston building or other multi-family dwelling can cause damage to units adjacent to where the leak happened. A burst pipe, a broken washer or dishwasher, or plumbing can be behind water running through the carpet and soaking drywall. Standing water will often settle under cabinets and within wall cavities, causing damage quietly and creating a favorable environment for mold growth.
Water removal services in Lewiston for all affected living units are possible thanks to SERVPRO. Our staff is certified to work within the toughest conditions and is prepared to look for water damage lurking in unsuspected places. Throughout this process, when typically insurance is involved, our staff carefully documents every step, which serves as a helpful reference when filing claims and coordinating services.
Unless you have dealt with water damage before, you may not know exactly what water removal and remediation services entail. When a professional team like ours at SERVPRO handles these issues, we focus on water extraction, drying, and applying anti-microbial solutions to protect you from bacteria growth. Some of the equipment we use to achieve our goals include-
- Water pumps of varying potency, which include submersible and truck-mounted
- Air circulators, dehumidifiers, and extractors to encourage evaporation and restore humidity levels
- Foggers to spray anti-microbial solutions and permeate each surface
Also important to our process is using EPA-approved cleaning solutions and advanced technology to measure humidity in the air as we strive to restore normal levels. Occasionally, excess humidity also leaves a musty odor behind, so we apply deodorizing techniques so your home feels and looks its best.
SERVPRO of North Niagara County is your number one resource when water damage happens in your home or an adjacent unit. Call us at (716) 99-0330 and let us work to leave it “Like it never even happened.”
What Can I Do About the Water Damage in My Niagara Falls Home?
Water damage restoration services by SERVPRO are top-notch. Our techs are ready at a moment's notice for the help your property needs.
SERVPRO Can Provide Your Residence With Local Niagara Water Damage Restoration Services!
When you discover a disproportionate amount of water in your home, which should not be there, you might feel a sense of helplessness. Feeling overwhelmed is perfectly normal in any situation that catches you off guard. However, you don't need to go through this struggle alone.
When it comes to the water damage in your Niagara Falls home, indecision is a killer. Never wait too long to reach out for professional help, or you might find the problem only grows worse. Here are some issues that can occur if the excess moisture is left to its own devices too long:
Out of this list, microbial growth is particularly troublesome because mold can cause health effects. Furthermore, mold only needs roughly 72 hours to become active and begin taking root in your home. To protect your home, it is best to address water damages as quickly as possible.
SERVPRO can use advanced technology explicitly designed to remove excess moisture as fast as possible when removing water damages inside your home. In a water-affected area, we can daisy-chain devices like dehumidifiers, axial fans, and air movers together to create an environment of evaporation. At SERVPRO, we want to make you feel "Like it never even happened," by the time we're finished with your home's remediation.
Never hesitate when faced with water damage. Call SERVPRO of North Niagara County by phoning (716) 299-0330. We can find a way to help you!
How Can Niagara Falls Homeowners Handle Water Cleanup After Experiencing Burst Pipes?
SERVPRO vehicles are always ready to handle water damage cleanups in Niagara Falls
SERVPRO Arrives Quickly at Your Door in Niagara Falls to Start Water Cleanup, Drying, and Restoration Efforts
Once the temperatures begin to drop, Niagara Falls residents are at risk of having burst pipes in their homes. SERVPRO often receives calls for basement flood restoration and other issues related to frigid temps and water-related incidents. It is essential to know that your piping could be at risk of freezing even if you take the time to ensure everything is well-insulated.
Should an issue arise, know that SERVPRO is available to make it “Like it never even happened,” with our rapid water cleanup in Niagara Falls.
- What causes pipes to burst where I might need water cleanup in Niagara Falls? Even though freezing temperatures are the leading cause, there is more to the science. Water freezes and expands, which creates pressure. This pressure builds, and it can cause the pipe to crack or burst. Once the water in the line thaws and reaches the damaged area, the only place to go is out of the tube.
- What do I do once a pipe bursts and I have water coming into my home? The best first step to take is to turn off the water supply to stop water from flowing in. Then, you need to contact SERVPRO to identify the issue and begin water removal services and drying as soon as possible.
- Can I handle the water cleanup on my own without professional assistance? Failing to remove all moisture after a water emergency opens you up to secondary damage and the onset of mold and mildew. SERVPRO arrives with IICRC-certified technicians and an arsenal of equipment like air movers, dehumidifiers, extractors, and other tools and products to get the job done right the first time.
Call on SERVPRO of North Niagara County at (716) 299-0330 when you need professional water cleanup and restoration. We are available 24/7 to handle your emergency water recovery needs.
How Can SERVPRO Regulate Humidity in Niagara Falls Homes After Water Damage?
Structural damage from water damage is no DIY project. SERVPRO trained techs are ready at a moment's notice for the help you need.
Efficient Water Removal and Cleanup Protects Niagara Falls Properties After Disasters.
Regardless of how water damage originates, the effect it can have on a house can be devastating. Without immediate interventions by our experienced restoration professionals, structural elements can pay a high cost for prolonged moisture exposure.
Mitigation Solutions to Protect the Property
With many considerations for effective water cleanup in Niagara Falls homes, mitigation is among the most critical processes to begin as soon as possible. Our SERVPRO professionals respond fast to water damage emergencies, working to eliminate standing and trapped water with:
Importance of Managed Relative Humidity in the House
Maintaining a specific relative humidity rating in the household can benefit all of the drying processes and evaporation objectives of the SERVPRO restorers. In many ways, achieving the desired lower moisture content is as critical for the household as removing water from flooring or preventing the spread of that migrating surface water. There are several ways to regulate atmospheric moisture and relative humidity.
How Can Humidity Get Controlled?
Controlling the humidity in the house can be a critical element to preventing greater damages, and as such, there are multiple methods of maintaining ideal operating conditions. Ventilation is among the most common of these, which encourages lower humidity air from outside the home to come in and work to achieve a balance of moisture content.
Cleaning up after water damage in area homes means providing efficient mitigation and restoration services. As leading water restoration specialists for the area, we have premier tools and equipment to help make mitigation faster and more cost-efficient. Our SERVPRO of North Niagara County team can help with nearly all water damage recovery needs following a disaster. Call us at (716) 299-0330.
What Challenges Exist in Efficient Water Removal for Niagara Falls Homes?
Excess water in your home? Call SERVPRO for water removal and remediation options. Our technicians are standing by 24/7.
SERVPRO Professionals Must Overcome Several Obstacles in Removing Water and Drying Niagara Falls Properties
Mitigation options like water removal require swift and deliberate action. Depending on the cause of water damage and the spread through the property, certain challenges can make extraction a challenge.
Moisture Migration to Seek Equilibrium
One of the obstacles to water removal in Niagara Falls homes and businesses is moisture migration through the building. Elements like pressure and humidity seek a balance between areas of the house, meaning that damp pockets travel through porous material as wet conditions seek dry conditions until an equilibrium is met. Understanding the path of moisture can help SERVPRO professionals address moving water.
Delamination and Flooring Damage
When flooring becomes directly impacted by spreading moisture and standing water, elements like the carpet can degrade and deteriorate. Delamination separates the individual layers of the carpet system from being one piece, which can require the carpets to get removed and replaced if the situation gets bad enough.
Efficient Drying Solutions for Area Homes
Thorough drying options vary considerably between properties as conditions can be unique. While air movers and desiccant dehumidifiers can make up a large portion of drying, we also rely on:
- Positive pressure machines
- Portable heaters
- Low grain refrigerant dehumidifiers
- Drying mats
As challenging as water removal services can be, our SERVPRO of North Niagara County team can quickly conduct these efforts despite obstacles. Give us a call anytime at (716) 299-0330.
What Are The Most Crucial Steps During Water Cleanup In My Niagara Falls Home?
Water damage restoration by SERVPRO ios top-notch. Call any time of day or night and we will be at your service.
SERVPRO Helps Identify Priority Issues in Niagara Falls Properties When Delivering Water Removal Services
The cleanup process following a water intrusion incident is a lengthy one involving several steps, including the movement of items, the teardown of materials, and the removal of soils. Although it is crucial to complete all the steps, you should give some priority.
Before starting water cleanup in Niagara Falls homes, proper planning is necessary to identify the higher priority issues. Our SERVPRO technicians perform walkthroughs before taking any steps. In many cases, the matters that demand the most attention include:
- Moisture management
- Prevention of material deterioration
- Identifying reversible damage
Our SERVPRO technicians use various approaches to accomplish the moisture management goal. On arrival at the affected property, we set up dehumidifiers to keep relative humidity levels below 60%. Spilled water constantly evaporates, driving increasing humidity levels.
Our SERVPRO technicians take various readings using moisture sensors and thermal cameras to ascertain the building's wetness levels and thus determine the level and type of material deterioration. Steps such as move-outs and separation of materials can help prevent deterioration from extended moisture exposure or staining due to proximity to dissimilar materials. Following the right precedence helps improve the outcome for:
- Water damage remediation
- Flood restoration
- Water damage repairs
SERVPRO of North Niagara County has sufficient experience handling water cleanup in homes. Call us at (716) 299-0330.
Can Water Bring Bacteria into the Home?
When water damage is left untreated, mold growth quickly occurs. Contact SERVPRO at the first sign of water damage.
SERVPRO Can Return your Lewiston Home to a Sanitary State after Water Leaks
Lewiston is a Northeastern historic town in New York State. The region is widely renowned for its outstanding natural beauty with the Niagara River and its falls, a wonder of the natural world. The relatively small population of 16,262 residents makes for a reasonably close-knit community. However, regular tourism from outdoor enthusiasts looking to explore the nearby Niagara State Park ensures that the local economy remains robust despite a steady decline in manufacturing industries across the county.
The historical village of Lewiston is named after former New York governor Morgan Lewis who fought in the American Revolutionary War and is a signatory for the Declaration of Independence. Today, the small village remains one of the most affluent areas in the region. The Robert Moses Niagara Power Plant is one of the few surviving hydroelectric power centers that use Niagara River's currents to generate power. Lewiston is also home to the independent publishing house the Edwin Mellen Press has been in circulation for half a century.
- The Earl W. Brydges Artpark State Park is a 172-acre state park that hosts regular outdoor live entertainment and music events throughout the year. During the summer season, the non-profit Artpark programming attracts over 150,000 people.
- The Niagara Power Project is an interactive tourist attraction and education exhibit designed to teach people about hydroelectric power's history and role. The visitors center provides a control room simulator allowing visitors to experience the day-to-day running of a hydroelectric power plant.
- On Swann Road is the Basilica of the National Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima, built in 1965. The stunning structure has over twelve acres of the surrounding ground and was conferred as a Basilica by then Pope Paul VI. The site is a regular pilgrimage nationally and globally.
SERVPRO Can Protect your Lewiston Home from the Damaging Effects of Water Intrusion
All water contains microbes. These microbes could include potentially unsanitary or unhealthy microorganisms like bacterias and viruses. When water intrudes into an indoor environment, it is likely to make that environment unsanitary. SERVPRO can clean and dry your property thoroughly to return it to a preloss condition. Often the critical factor in preventing long-term secondary damages from water intrusion is to completely dry the property. SERVPRO can mobilize industrial drying equipment for both open and closed areas of the home. By regularly monitoring and drying the property our technicians can reduce future claim expenses.
- Antimicrobial chemicals can be applied to textiles, floorboards, and cavities in the home to prevent the buildup through stages of viruses, fungi, or bacteria.
- Using air-movers combined with dehumidifiers, our technicians can thoroughly dry property and reduce microbial growth rates as well as control vapor damage.
- Crew chiefs conduct a complete walkthrough with residents to explain services completed and outcomes.
Water intrusion can make a home environment unsafe. Contact SERVPRO of North Niagara County for water damage cleanup at (716) 299-0330.
Tour the Stunning Niagara Falls From Both America and Canada
It will be exciting to see the sights on this Niagara Falls tour!
Over the Falls Tours Runs One-day Tours of the Niagara Falls Across Two Countries
This February, Over the Falls boat tours runs a one-day excursion that allows passengers to experience this wonder of the world from both sides. The tour sets off from the American side, including a short trip through the Cave of Winds via the Maid of the Mist ferry. Guests then experience the Canadian Niagara Falls, including the stunning horseshoe drop, which offers the largest waterfall in Northern America. Different sights on the guided tours include the Hurricane Deck, the Skylon Tower, and Three Sisters Island. Currently, tours are running through the winter period, providing a fantastic opportunity to see the natural wonder in the snow. However, social distancing and COVID safety protocols apply.
- Bookings are refundable up to twenty-four-hours in advance of any booked tours.
- Queue jumping is available for many attractions, including the Hurricane Deck and the Maid of the Mist boat tour.
- Group sizes are restricted to ten people to ensure the safety of all passengers.
A wet property can quickly become moldy or unsafe to inhabit. Contact SERVPRO of North Niagara County at (716) 299-0330 for emergency water repair.
Water Intrusion Can Happen to Niagara Falls Residents at any Time of Year.
Water damage can have both outside and inside causes. Contact our experienced team when facing excess water in your home.
SERVPRO is a Specialist Water Restoration Service for your Niagara Falls Home and Contents.
Niagara Falls is toward the West of New York State with a thriving tourist economy and a sister town in Ontario, Canada. The Niagara River strip, which spans two North American countries, is famous for its stunning scenery and immense natural beauty. In the early twentieth century, the county experienced an economic boom due to technological advances in hydroelectric power. On the US side of the river, or strait, is the Robert Moses Niagara Power Plant built-in 1961. Across the river in Canada is the Sir Adam Beck Power Plant. Combined, these two plants generate 4.4 gigawatts of electrical power. Economic declines in the mid-twentieth century saw many local businesses relocate away from Niagara. The consistent migration of companies from the area is synonymous with other cities along the rust-belt. Today, around 50,000 people live and work in Niagara Falls, with a large portion of the economy centered around tourism to Niagara Falls State Park on Prospect Street.
In the modern era, Niagara County is establishing itself as a premier destination for tourists worldwide. Niagara Falls State Park is among the country's oldest, while the climate ranges from snowy winters to hot, humid summers. The colder months are equally effective at attracting tourists when the Falls appear to freeze over, creating stunning ice structures. Prospect Point, an area of the State Park offering picturesque views of the falls, is busy throughout the year while other main attractions such as the wind caves continue to bring in tourism whatever the weather. As a tourist city, the Falls offers a range of luxury resorts for traveling guests. Some of these have jaw-dropping views over the Falls and across the river toward Canada, as well as bars, casinos, and restaurants.
- The Seneca Niagara Resort and Casino is a 26 story vacation spot on 4th Street. It is the only AAA-rated resort in the county with 604 deluxe rooms. Guests can enjoy the Jacuzzi rooms, Swimming Pools, Spa, and ten unique dining locations within the complex.
- The Red Coach Inn is a landmark spot for views over the cascading waters of Niagara Falls, with some rooms just 500 yards away. The Tudor-styled hotel was first established in 1926 and was based on the Bell Inn. Businesses can book suites for conferences while the historic venue on Buffalo Avenue also hosts wedding ceremonies and reunions.
- Many of the region's hotels include attraction tickets and tours of the nearby scenery and Niagara Falls State Park. The hottest spots tend to be along Falls Boulevard or Buffalo Avenue, where guests are closest, and in some cases have rooms overlooking the world-famous waterfalls.
Sights and Sounds in Niagara Falls, NY
- The central attraction of this region is the 400-acre state park that leads into the Falls. The park was designed by nineteenth-century landscaper and architect Frederick Law Olmsted, who also designed Central Park in New York City. Activities within the park include a trip to Prospect Point for unrivaled views of this natural wonder and Hurricane Deck located in the Cave of Winds. Helicopter tours are also available for panoramic views of Niagara Falls. Fireworks displays are often held during national holidays.
- Niagara County played an essential role in the early formation of America and the modern 20th century. The militaries of France, England, and the United States set up numerous lookout points in the area, making a trip to Old Fort Niagara well worth the visit. Given its vital role in the American Civil War, several reenactments occur at the Old Fort site throughout the year. The proximity to Canada also makes Niagara Falls a heritage site for the underground railways with a museum dedicated to the subject on Depot Avenue.
- The Riviera Theater and Performing Arts Center offers a range of contemporary performances and exhibitions, while a trip to Art Alley is full of murals. During the summer months, drama and music live performances are held at the Art Park in Lewiston. These outdoor events are played out directly over the gorge of Niagara Falls, making them an unforgettable experience. A trip just outside of the state park opens up a range of opportunities to sample local wines and craft brews from more comprehensive Niagara County.
Wet Materials in your Home Can Steadily Deteriorate or Cause Mold Growth, SERVPRO Can Help Mitigate Water Losses Efficiently.
Water leaks in your home can permeate materials quickly. As water absorbs into materials or belongings, it can expand and attract microorganisms like viruses, fungi, and bacteria. Long-term water exposure to building materials like drywall can cause them to fall apart and become structurally unsound. SERVPRO is a professional restoration company in the Niagara Falls area that can quickly scope your property and put in an efficient drying solution. Most mitigation from water intrusion involves drying the property as soon as possible. Our technicians can then set to work, restoring, replacing, and returning your home to its preloss condition.
- We can mobilize industrial water extraction equipment and submersible electric pumps to remove high volumes of water from your home rapidly. Using a combination of desiccant and refrigerant dehumidifiers, we can reduce the likelihood of bacteria or mold outbreaks.
- Our team is expert at identifying materials and the best solutions to clean them after water exposure. Restoration is typically cheaper and more time-efficient than the replacement of items exposed to water. Our specialty services include Esporta washing for clothes or textiles.
- Treating a property after drying and cleaning can mitigate against the secondary losses associated with water intrusion. Our technicians can apply anti-microbial, bacterial, and odor counteractants to your home.
- Using thermal imaging cameras and hygrometers, our technicians can accurately predict parts of the home where water may have migrated.
Water intrusion events can cause significant damage without professional intervention. Contact SERVPRO of North Niagara County at (716) 299-0330 now.
How Can Niagara Falls Homeowners Preserve Hardwood Floors After Water Damage?
Make sure to act quickly when water damage affects your hardwood floors. Contact our certified technicians to remediate the damage.
IICRC-Certified Restoration Technicians Can Perform Water Removal Services for Niagara Falls Homeowners
Many Niagara Falls homeowners enjoy the polish and longevity of hardwood floors in their residences. However, this long-lasting flooring solution still needs repairs and restoration every 10 to 30 years and requires immediate care after a pipe leak or other water damage situation. Without fast mitigation, moisture exposure can create permanent damages and lead to higher repair and replacement expenses.
SERVPRO technicians can provide water removal services for Niagara Falls homeowners, including drying and preservation of hardwood flooring when possible. This experienced team of restoration pros renders water damage mitigation per restoration industry standards as determined by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC).
What Methods Can Homeowners Use to Protect Hardwood Floors from Water?
There are a variety of proactive measures homeowners can undertake to preserve their hardwood floors even before installation begins, including the following:
- Inspect plumbing before installing wood floors. Plumbing leaks and burst pipes are among the most common causes of water-damaged hardwood flooring in Niagara Falls. Contact a licensed plumber to take a look at your plumbing and make any necessary repairs.
- Clean floors carefully. Sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping with conservative amounts of moisture regularly all go a long way toward preserving your hardwood flooring and minimizing issues with water, dirt, dust, and scratches.
- Protect your floors with a strong sealant. A reliable sealant, like wax or polyurethane, provides an aesthetically pleasing finish that also protects your hardwood. While these sealants cannot ensure a completely waterproof surface, they can offer you extra time to clean up moisture that might otherwise damage your floorboards. Wax sealants only need to be reapplied on an annual basis, while a coat of polyurethane lasts approximately three to four years at a time.
- Minimize contact with water as much as possible. Moisture, especially in high traffic areas of your home, can accumulate quickly from day-to-day use. Clean up spills as soon as possible, avoid leaving damp objects like shoes and towels on the floor, and set aside a designated area for wet items, particularly shoes and umbrellas.
However, even with meticulous care and attention, accidents and disasters can happen. Your local SERVPRO is ready to serve Niagara Falls properties with cleanup and restoration at any time of the day or night, including weekends and holidays.
When Do Hardwood Floors Require Refinishing Versus Replacement?
Refinishing is typically performed every 10 to 12 years. This process entails sanding down old sealants and damages to return the floor to a smooth, scratch-free condition. After sanding, a fresh coat of sealant is applied to protect the surface of your flooring.
Niagara Falls homeowners may notice the following signs that can indicate that it is time to consult with a hardwood flooring specialist about refinishing:
- A lackluster shine.
- Scratches and scuff marks from furniture and daily use.
- An uneven finish.
- Stains, and dirt buildup, especially in high-traffic areas.
Refinishing is generally a more cost-effective option than replacing planks. However, water damage can render planks too damaged for refinishing in some areas. Common hardwood flooring issues that may necessitate replacement include:
- Excessive warping, cupping, cracking, or buckling of planks.
- Microbial growth from prolonged moisture exposure.
If your hardwood flooring requires repairs, your local SERVPRO team can make the necessary fixes as well as extract excess moisture from your floors and subfloor.
Can SERVPRO Technicians Salvage Water-Damaged Hardwood Flooring?
SERVPRO professionals take cleanup and repair of hardwood flooring seriously. While hardwood is often salvageable after a water damage incident, special care is necessary to ensure that flooring returns to a standard moisture content without further damaging floorboards. Restoration technicians measure the moisture content of your hardwood with moisture sensors calibrated for wood flooring.
Structural drying technicians must take a plethora of factors into account when restoring hardwood floors, including the following:
- Floorboards can facilitate microbial growth when the moisture content is above 20%. Mold proliferation risk can be addressed with EPA-registered biocides in tandem with structural drying equipment.
- Vapor barrier sealants on your flooring, like polyurethane, can impact the efficacy of moisture removal equipment and may require partial or full removal to salvage your floors. Technicians consult with both you and your insurance adjuster about whether to remove sealants or facilitate airflow with tools like pin rollers.
- Hardwood often needs drying both above and below the planks to remove moisture. Depending on the situation at hand, this strategy can eliminate the need to perforate or remove sealants.
SERVPRO of North Niagara County can mitigate damage quickly with service that shows We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster. Call (716) 299-0330 to have an emergency response team on your property within hours of your initial contact.
Why Do I Need to Use Air Movers and Not Regular Fans?
Our water damage technicians have the equipment and experience to restore your home to pre-damage condition.
SERVPRO's High-Velocity Air Movers Provide Targeted Airflow in Your Niagara Falls Home
While fans and HVAC systems may support proper ventilation as you dry out your Niagara Falls home, they do not promote adequate evaporation from surfaces. Time is of the essence during your home restoration. Otherwise, the impacted areas are subject to secondary damage. Professional air-movers allow for more thorough drying since they can target the surface directly.
How Do Air Movers Remove Excess Water?
Air Movers Work in Conjunction with Extraction and Dehumidification Equipment
Water removal from your Niagara Falls house is a multi-tiered process. After our IICRC specialists vacuum away excess water with portable extraction equipment, they move on to air mover and dehumidifier use. Air movers help speed up the evaporation process. As the surface water evaporates, it saturates the air just above the surface, making the air movers essential in pushing the saturate away and replacing it with warm, dry air from the dehumidifiers.
How Many Air Movers Do I Need in My Home?
- Technicians identify the class of water damage to decide the level of damage and the amount of required equipment.
- It is essential to use enough air movers to facilitate consistent airflow across every wet surface.
- Typically, technicians place one air mover per 150 to 300 square feet of the impacted area.
Technicians balance the number of air movers with dehumidifiers since too few air movers slow the drying process, while too many air movers can cause secondary water damage. It is crucial that the air movers do not cause more evaporation than the dehumidification equipment can pull out at once.
For assistance anytime day or night, contact SERVPRO of North Niagara County. Reach our emergency response team at (716) 299-0330. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
See more about Niagara Falls
Can I Limit Loss After a Water Incident in My Niagara Falls Home?
Water damage can catch you quite by surprise. Contact SERVPRO immediately for effective remediation services.
SERVPRO Arrives at Your Niagara Falls Property to Get Started on Water Removal ASAP!
The faster that you act after a water incident in Niagara Falls, the higher the chance you have of limiting loss and salvaging your belongings in structural materials. Our team of skilled technicians at SERVPRO have all of the training necessary to facilitate the removal of water in your home so that it gets restored to preloss condition. We are Faster to Any Size Disaster, and our team works to ensure your family gets back to normal as quickly as possible.
What Could I Have Done to Prevent this Water Emergency?
Jobs calling for professional water removal in Niagara Falls can come from a significant weather event, a substantial spill, or a burst pipe. Merely knowing the different ways that you can avoid or limit damage in the future is extremely helpful. This includes regular inspection and maintenance of your plumbing as well as your drainage system, roofing, and more.
Common Causes of Water Damage Within the Home:
- Leaving faucets running, or other human errors
- Burst pipes due to installation issues, age, or inadequate insulation in cold weather
- Appliance malfunction, such as washing machines, dishwashers, and hot water tanks
- Faulty sump pump equipment
- Substantial rainfall or faulty gutters
- Flash flooding, road overflow, and other natural events
If I Have a Water Emergency, What Should I Do?
Once you know that all of the people and pets living in your home are safe, you can then call your insurance provider and our team at SERVPRO. We send a water removal crew to your Niagara Falls location in as little as four hours so that we can begin the assessment phase of the process. If you can safely stop the flow of water in the loss zone, this is very helpful until we arrive. In some instances, you may be able to use old rags or towels, or close doors to help prevent water from migrating.
What Happens with Water Extraction?
Water in any area of your home can be a challenge, especially when it begins to migrate into dry areas. We bring industrial-strength extraction equipment with incredible lift and volume capacity to get the job done.
- The extraction equipment used depends on the type of water loss as well as the location in the home.
- Many residences benefit from a combination of weighted extraction tools and light wand extractors.
- If there is substantial water volume in any room or the basement of your home, we have high-powered truck-mounted extractors to pull up hundreds of gallons of water in a short time.
How Long Will the Water Removal Process Take?
Initial extraction is often wrapped up within 24 hours. However, a more considerable amount of standing water that measures over two inches in depth could take longer. Our skilled water restoration technicians (WRT) come fully equipped with all of the best tools and technology to get the job done:
- Electric submersible pumps help remove copious amounts of water in a short time frame
- SERVPRO trucks have with sizable storage tanks that hold up to 100 gallons of wastewater
- In some instances, water is pumped from the home for safe disposal locally
Do I Have to Worry About Mold Growth?
A boost in humidity and moisture brings about the potential for microbial growth. This is why our highly-trained technicians take the time to locate all areas where moisture might be hiding carefully. We have a variety of moisture detection tools to help us find spots where water migrated so that drying can be appropriately executed. Our team also applies EPA-approved antimicrobial products throughout the home during the cleaning process. This prevents any mold spores from moving through growth stages while we focus on the total drying of your interior.
What Tools Do You Use to Monitor Moisture?
We have a variety of moisture detection technology at our disposal, many of which get used together to help us expedite the drying process.
- Moisture Meters – For use on floors, ceilings, and walls.
- Borescopes – For use on wall cavities and other nooks and crannies that are difficult to reach.
- Moisture Sensors – To determine the moisture content in various materials.
- Thermal Imaging Cameras – Help assess areas where water may have migrated, including floor spaces and wall cavities.
- Thermal Hygrometers – To measure relative humidity within the loss zone and nearby areas within the home.
Drying is crucial to ensuring your water removal project gets completed thoroughly. Our crew takes readings from a room far from the water loss zone and compares it with other spaces. This allows us to determine the natural humidity levels in your home to measure how effective our drying plan is. In some cases, more invasive methods like controlled demolition are necessary to ensure all areas are dry.
Never go it alone when you need help with water removal. Our friendly technicians at SERVPRO of North Niagara County can come out 24/7 for emergency service. Call us at (716) 299-0330 to deploy a team to your location to get started right away.
Wondering How to Succeed with Water Damage Remediation in Niagara? Read This!
Whether you have carpeting, hardwood or other type of flooring, contact SERVPRO for water removal before warping and buckling can occur.
Water, Water, Water Everywhere!
In Niagara, water is not new to any of us. Regardless of the season, we are either dealing with frozen water, melting water, or rain. As aware as we are of this precious liquid, we may not be ready for it to come into our homes and disrupt our lives. Part of being a homeowner is identifying potential threats to our home and keeping it safe. However, when a dishwasher or washing machine leaks all over your floor, you may not be ready to face all the consequences of having standing water in your home.
To help you address water damage in your Niagara home, SERVPRO is here to help. Turning off the water source and repairing the issue can be the most natural part of the restoration process. The challenge is often removing the excess water and curtailing the damage it causes. Everything from your flooring, furniture, and even the walls and structure of your home can become a big problem if their humidity level and moisture are not under control following a water incident. Thankfully, our team relies on industry-specific measuring tools and technology to inform us of potential threats and guide us as we thwart them.
Flooring is one of the areas most affected by water damage. If you have carpeting, delamination is a possibility. In this process, the front and back of the carpet separate due to the water. Stains are also standard, and extended water exposure can only aggravate the issue. Deciding whether to restore or replace the carpet is an important decision, but our SERVPRO team guides you through it and helps you weigh the costs and benefits of taking such a step.
Homeowners with other types of floors, such as hardwood, have different needs than those with carpets. Excess moisture can cause buckling in your floors, which is not always catastrophic. Our SERVPRO technicians use a myriad of techniques to leverage state-of-the-art technology to extract water at a rate suitable for the recovery of your floors. Heaters, air circulators, and drying chambers are all essential in achieving success. As a homeowner, you can trust our expertise to apply technology for the benefit of your home.
SERVPRO of North Niagara County is in our community helping homeowners every day. Call us at (716) 299-0330 and let our staff work with you to mitigate your losses. Together we will do our best to leave your home "Like it never even happened."
Click here for more information about Niagara.