Can Water Bring Bacteria into the Home?
SERVPRO Can Return your Lewiston Home to a Sanitary State after Water Leaks
Lewiston is a Northeastern historic town in New York State. The region is widely renowned for its outstanding natural beauty with the Niagara River and its falls, a wonder of the natural world. The relatively small population of 16,262 residents makes for a reasonably close-knit community. However, regular tourism from outdoor enthusiasts looking to explore the nearby Niagara State Park ensures that the local economy remains robust despite a steady decline in manufacturing industries across the county.
The historical village of Lewiston is named after former New York governor Morgan Lewis who fought in the American Revolutionary War and is a signatory for the Declaration of Independence. Today, the small village remains one of the most affluent areas in the region. The Robert Moses Niagara Power Plant is one of the few surviving hydroelectric power centers that use Niagara River's currents to generate power. Lewiston is also home to the independent publishing house the Edwin Mellen Press has been in circulation for half a century.
- The Earl W. Brydges Artpark State Park is a 172-acre state park that hosts regular outdoor live entertainment and music events throughout the year. During the summer season, the non-profit Artpark programming attracts over 150,000 people.
- The Niagara Power Project is an interactive tourist attraction and education exhibit designed to teach people about hydroelectric power's history and role. The visitors center provides a control room simulator allowing visitors to experience the day-to-day running of a hydroelectric power plant.
- On Swann Road is the Basilica of the National Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima, built in 1965. The stunning structure has over twelve acres of the surrounding ground and was conferred as a Basilica by then Pope Paul VI. The site is a regular pilgrimage nationally and globally.
SERVPRO Can Protect your Lewiston Home from the Damaging Effects of Water Intrusion
All water contains microbes. These microbes could include potentially unsanitary or unhealthy microorganisms like bacterias and viruses. When water intrudes into an indoor environment, it is likely to make that environment unsanitary. SERVPRO can clean and dry your property thoroughly to return it to a preloss condition. Often the critical factor in preventing long-term secondary damages from water intrusion is to completely dry the property. SERVPRO can mobilize industrial drying equipment for both open and closed areas of the home. By regularly monitoring and drying the property our technicians can reduce future claim expenses.
- Antimicrobial chemicals can be applied to textiles, floorboards, and cavities in the home to prevent the buildup through stages of viruses, fungi, or bacteria.
- Using air-movers combined with dehumidifiers, our technicians can thoroughly dry property and reduce microbial growth rates as well as control vapor damage.
- Crew chiefs conduct a complete walkthrough with residents to explain services completed and outcomes.
Water intrusion can make a home environment unsafe. Contact SERVPRO of North Niagara County for water damage cleanup at (716) 299-0330.